Testing the site with a Host File edit (windows)
A Host file will allow your local machine to browse the sites as if they were already repointed. I would recommend using a different browser or a private browsing window as content caching can give inaccurate results.
To perform a host file edit:
1. Press the Windows key.
2. Type Notepad in the search field.
3. In the search results, right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator.
4. From Notepad, open the following file: c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts.
5. Add the IP of the new server followed by a space and the domain name / subdomain
184.108.40.206 Â Â hostinguk.net
220.127.116.11 Â Â www.hostinguk.net
6. Click File > Save to save your changes.
You can then browse your site to test it. Once you have tested the site, remove the lines from your host file and save it.
Please login to comment