To configure this, login to your control panel at https://billing.hostinguk.net/
1. Once logged in, go to 'Domains' > 'My Domains'.
2. Click on the domain you wish to configure forwarding for.
3. On the left under the 'Manage' window click on 'Web Forwarding'.
4. Choose your forwarding Type:
None - Disables any redirect
Frames Based Forwarding - Keeps your domain in the address bar and loads the destination address in a frame (some sites may not load properly through this).
Frames Based Forwarding (preserve page request) - Same as above but shows the pages (e.g. domain.com/test.aspx).
URL Forwarding - Performs a full 301 redirect which changes the address bar (best for search engines)
List the domain as being for sale - As it says on the tin.
5. Type in the URL you need to redirect to. The http:// is auto filled so you are unable to forward to https sites.
6. You may wish to enter a description or some keywords, however these no longer take effect on forwarding services.
The forwarding servers IP: 188.8.131.52
You will need to update your DNS records to point to this server. The default DNS zone will contain the correct records for forwarding.
You can Manage/Create your DNS Zone through the 'DNS Management' section under the 'Manage' window for your domain.
- web forwarding, General Control Panel
- 1 Users Found This Useful
We sometimes get asked about Google and having web sites on the same server. There is an...
Can I upgrade my hosting package? Yes - account upgrades can be performed anytime via your...
If you have a complaint then there are ways in which you can address them. Your first port of...
If you need to make a request for information under the Data Protection Act (normally known as a...
In order to provide our customers with a range of services over the years we find ourselves...