Transferring a domain away from Hosting UK
For .uk domains (.co.uk, .org.uk, etc.) you will need to provide us with the TAG of the new registrar. You will need to send this to us either in an email or by raising a support ticket through the control panel.
This should be done from your primary account contact and should contain the domain(s) that the TAG should be applied to.
For other domains (.net, com, etc.), you will need to unlock the domain and request an EPP code. The EPP code will be sent out to the registrant contact.
Please be aware if the contact details of the domain are modified or the domain is renewed, ICANN policies will lock the domain for 60 days.
If the domain transfer does not complete before its expiry date (transfers can take up to 7 working days to complete), the domain will need to be renewed with ourselves which will also lock it 60 days.
After the 60 days, a new EPP code can be requested and you can begin the transfer procedure again.
If you have Whois Privacy enabled on the domain, this will need to be disabled before you request an EPP code. You will need to contact us to get this disabled.
To unlock and request an EPP code in the Parallels Control Panel (https://www.myhostcp.com/)
1. Login to your control panel at https://www.myhostcp.com/
2. Click the 'All My Domains' option from the drop down list (top right)
3. Go to the 'All My Domains' tab where you can see your domains listed.
4. Click the 'Unset Lock' button' at the bottom of the page to unlock the domain.
5. Click the 'Send Auth Code' button to request your EPP code.
*If you are unable to find these buttons, the domain may be locked to a renewal or contact change within the last 60 days*
Once the domain has been unlocked and you have your EPP code, you will need to pass that onto the new registrar so the transfer can be started.
To unlock and request an EPP code in the General Control Panel (https://billing.hostinguk.net/)
1. Login to your control panel at https://billing.hostinguk.net/
2. Click on the 'Domains' tab and go to 'My Domains'.
3. Click on the domain you wish to transfer away.
4. On the left, you will have a 'Manage' window, where you will see 'Registrar Lock' and 'Request EPP'.
Once the Registrar Lock has been disabled and you have the EPP code, you will need to pass that onto the new registrar so the transfer can be started.
Please note: Where you are able to made outbound transfer changes as described above but choose to have our staff make those changes for you, an outbound transfer fee of Â£15.00 + VAT will apply.
Please login to comment