Web Forwarding (General Control Panel)
If you have a domain name with now hosting services, you can use our free web forwarding services to redirect your domain to a URL.
To configure this, login to your control panel atÂ https://billing.hostinguk.net/
1. Once logged in, go to 'Domains' > 'My Domains'.
2. Click on the domain you wish to configure forwarding for.
3. On the left under the 'Manage' window click on 'Web Forwarding'.
4. Choose your forwarding Type:
None - Disables any redirect
Frames Based Forwarding - Keeps your domain in the address bar and loads the destination address in a frame (some sites may not load properly through this).
Frames Based Forwarding (preserve page request) - Same as above but shows the pages (e.g. domain.com/test.aspx).
URL Forwarding - Performs a full 301 redirect which changes the address bar (best for search engines)
List the domain as being for sale - As it says on the tin.
5. Type in the URL you need to redirect to. The http:// is auto filled so you are unable to forward to https sites.
6. You may wish to enter a description or some keywords, however these no longer take effect on forwarding services.
The forwarding servers IP: 126.96.36.199
You will need to update your DNS records to point to this server. The default DNS zone will contain the correct records for forwarding.
You can Manage/Create your DNS Zone through the 'DNS Management' section under the 'Manage' window for your domain.
Please login to comment